Timmermann Group is looking for a Lead UX/UI Director to lead our Interactive Team.
Our team strives for excellence in everything we design, and our clients deserve that level of service. Our team members are excited about the work we are producing, our clients are energized about collaborating with us, and we want you to be excited as well. Excited and energizing leadership is exactly what we are looking for this candidate. If that’s you, come on board and help us develop solutions for our clients, work in the trenches with projects, while also mentoring our Interactive Designers.
With our goal of creating engaging user experiences across multiple digital touchpoints, the ideal candidate must be able to lead our UX/UI strategy, work in the trenches and manage a team of interactive designers to facilitate it.
Along with strong design acumen and attention to detail, ideal candidates apply user-centered design, usability, and research techniques to the design of exceptional solutions that bring emotion to our end users.
The ideal candidate will have a firm pulse on the latest technology and design trends, and the ability to collaborate with customers, clients and our team members at our office or their location. The UX team will define, estimate, create, and deliver the entire visual layer and ensure it conforms to best practices. Candidates must have previous working experience with user-centered design practices such as persona development, journey mapping, wire-framing, high-fidelity UI design, prototyping, and usability testing/evaluation. Our UX designers are embedded with the project management teams, aligned with the TG Art Director, and responsible for overseeing product design throughout the entire development process. We are looking for a true brand ambassador to champion user-centered design through implementation.
- Manage multiple active UX projects
- Create and curate design systems and a prototype library
- Act as a brand champion and ensure brand standards are upheld
- Lead, coach, and mentor ID team members
- Conduct design reviews
- Keep the company updated through meticulous note-taking and clear communication
- 5 – 7 years prior experience in user-centered design
- Bachelors Degree or above
- Exceptional visual design skills, typography, composition, branding identity, color theory, and illustration
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Proficiency in Figma or Sketch
- Experience with omnichannel UX/UI design
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS knowledge is a plus
- Proven knowledge and experience with a wide variety of qualitative and quantitative user research activities and applying test data to UX
- Experience with inclusive and accessible design principles and guidelines for ADA Compliance
- Experience in responsive design mobile-optimized design and native apps
- Knowledge of usability patterns, standards, and information architecture theories
- Ability to dig in and understand complex models, business processes, and technologies
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Must be able to work within a team and also independently with minimal direction when required
- Must be willing to travel occasionally for presentations and pitches (less than 5% of role)